Dota 2 Universal Keybind – The Easiest Way to Bind hotkeys in Dota 2
Latest version : BETA 1
Announcement : Dota2 Universal Bind is currently open to any suggestion! Please leave any suggestion in the comments or contact me in any ways.. :)
Dota 2 Universal Bind reads your autoexec.cfg and default hotkeys from Dota 2 (by reading config.cfg) and lays the keys out in a simple, easy-to-read UI, allowing you to re-bind keys easily.
Simple to use, you only need to assign ‘dota 2 beta’ folder in your Steam library and you can start rebinding :)
This is currently going through beta and the developer is active to take in any suggestions :)
Source code of the program will be distributed for free after beta phase is over.
Requirements : .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
1. Run the program and assign the ‘dota 2 beta’ folder in your Steam Library
2. Commands and hotkeys from autoexec.cfg and config.cfg are listed on the left
3. Select any command you wish to bind and Left Click on the key you wish to bind
4. Wheel Click any key to unbind that specific key
5. Right Click to move the binded command to another key (RMB on any key > RMB on another key to move the command)
6. Save & ready to play :)
NOTE : You may have to disable Steam Cloud for Dota 2 in order to bind default hotkeys (available in in-game options).
This will disable syncing your config.cfg, allowing Dota 2 Universal Bind to edit config.cfg and apply changes.
Key Features :
– Quick and easy to see your keyboard layout in a glance.
– Simple and logical UI, easy to re-bind any keys.
– Able to see ALL the default commands and hotkeys in the list.
Q: I can’t run the program!
A: You need .NET Framework 4.5 or higher to run the program.
Q: Program closes instead of restarting after saving!
A: If this happens, its just me failing to fix the bug (I found that this does not happen in my machine but in others sometimes). Please do report if you have the issue.
Q: “Wrong Directory” despite of selecting ‘dota 2 beta’ folder
A: You must have any form of autoexec.cfg to run the program.
Q: Changing default hotkeys does not take effect in-game!
A: Disable Steam Cloud for Dota 2. It is downloading the unedited (by the program) version of your config.cfg from your cloud
Q: I don’t have autoexec.cfg
A: Tweaked Dota 2 Autoexec CFG by Bermuda is for you :) It is easy, detailed and updated regularly. 200+ active users at any given moment.
Q: Could you provide more ‘programming’ information of this program?
A: Not yet, but it definitely is coming. :)
Please leave any questions/suggestions in the comments :)
Release Log :
Change log :
– Default version.